BBCBreakfast says: Remembering the music … Fans pay tribute to Amy Winehouse as the singer's family say they are “bereft” at her death. http://bbc.in/olLAsn
Continue reading …A new far left group has emerged recently to promote and defend the big-spending Pelosi-Obama socialist agenda. The PAC claims the tea party is over. This democratic group is currently running a horrible dishonest ad on national television. Their latest … Continue reading → Broadcasting platform : YouTube Source : Gateway Pundit Discovery Date : 24/07/2011 17:46 Number of articles : 2
Continue reading …Stars at Comic-Con react to the death of troubled singer Amy Winehouse, who died on Saturday, aged 27. (July 25)
Continue reading …Apple released a new iPad television advertisement tonight called “We’ll Always” which shows off the iPad in many different uses. We’ll never stop sharing our memories. Or getting lost in a good book. We’ll always cook dinner and cheer for our favorite team. We’ll still go to meetings, make home movies, and learn new things. But how we do all this will never be the same. As with previous iPad ads,… Broadcasting platform : YouTube Source : Mac Rumors Discovery Date : 25/07/2011 01:36 Number of articles : 3
Continue reading …Somalia’s deputy prime minister tells FAO meeting that people in areas controlled by Al-Shabaab may starve to death if aid does not reach them in the next few weeks The vast majority of people in insurgent-controlled areas of Somalia may starve to death unless aid reaches them in the next few weeks, said Mohamed Ibrahim, Somalia’s deputy prime minister. Ibrahim’s blunt warning came at an emergency summit in Rome organised by France, the current president of the G20, and the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) as the world community seeks to mobilise help to relieve Somalia’s first famine in 18
Continue reading …General Peter Wall has told commanding officers that troop reductions will be imposed sooner than ministers have admitted The head of the army has warned that deep cuts will be imposed sooner than ministers have admitted and will mean the end of regiments and battalions, including some that were recently deployed in Afghanistan. General Peter Wall’s warnings in a letter to all commanding officers, appears to contradict assurances made to MPs last month by the defence secretary, Liam Fox. It also appears to undermine the government’s repeated claims that last October’s strategic defence and security review (SDSR) remains valid. Wall says he regrets the “sobering” impact the extra cuts this will have on soldiers and their families, and the “uncertainties” they will cause. He adds that there are “significant changes to the original SDSR provision for the army, including significant cuts”. Wall writes: “Regular army manpower will be cut more steeply, with an additional reduction of 5,000 over and above the 7,000 already in progress as a result of the SDSR. This takes the army to about 90,000 by 2015. The additional manpower cuts are now being scoped but will inevitably require a further redundancy programme.” He continues: “Although the detailed planning is not yet complete we must assume that these reductions will require the further removal of formed battalions and regiments from the force structure, including the combat arm.” Fox told the Commons on 27 June: “When it comes to plans for the army, we have no plans to reduce its size in this parliament.” It is assumed he meant no further cuts than those already announced in the SDSR. The review said the army numbers would be reduced by about 7,000 to 95,000 by 2015. Wall now warns that the cuts will be deeper, leaving an army of 90,000 by 2015. The total will be further reduced to at least 84,000, perhaps to 82,000, by the year 2020, depending on how many more reservists are recruited by then. Either way, the British army will have fewer soldiers than at any time during the past 100 years. The Guardian reported last week that a number of infantry battalions will be disbanded as a result of the cuts. The head of the army’s letter was first reported in the Daily Telegraph. An Ministry of Defence spokesman said: “No one who is preparing for, or is deployed on operations, will be made redundant unless they volunteer. Only those who have returned from operations and have taken all their leave will be considered.” He added: “The defence secretary has agreed with [chief of the general staff] that we will move gradually towards the new army structure so operations are not adversely affected by additional reductions in regular army numbers, which will be made as we draw down our commitments in Afghanistan in 2014/15.” Military Defence policy Liam Fox Conservative and Liberal Democrat cabinet Richard Norton-Taylor guardian.co.uk
Continue reading …Another day has come and gone and there is still no deal in Washington on cutting spending and raising the debt limit. (July 25)
Continue reading …Norway held a moment of silence this morning for the 93 people killed at a camp full of young people and in an explosion in Oslo. (July 25)
Continue reading …Apple iPad 2 Year One – What A Great Year! -FREE Apple iPad 2 2 Year One – Official Trailer [HD] – YouTube Apple iPad 2 Year One – What A Great Year! -FREE Apple iPad 2 2 Ashleighujx says: One year away from university! When should I start applying for scholarships? http://t.co/EBbLk3A year one !
Continue reading …