Home » Archives by category » News (Page 2426)

Home Depot

No Comment
Home Depot

Home Depot Martha Stewart Carpet Installation Food Network Commercial Block July 25, 2011 Home depot :3 ElenaIstomina says: #win $25 to spend at @ TheHomeDepot from #cablemover @ mamatomjr http://t.co/RBbwoun

Continue reading …

Office Depot

No Comment
Office Depot

Mitchell Green Office Depot Commercial 2010 (Full Length Version) Oh Office Depot How You’ve Disappointed Me Twenty-Second Vlog: What Am I Reading? ZOway_or_NOway says: *looks to left* got damn goula police on sum slick shit ducked off in office depot parkin lot

Continue reading …

Android Market

No Comment
Android Market

spinbottle.wmv MadWorld 01-18 Walkthrough video 20110803084300_22.58386_120.32609_1000002.mp4 belraven says: Why the Android market is the future of mobile affiliate marketing …: Why the Android market is the future of … http://bit.ly/ogVeZj

Continue reading …
International Incident of the Day: A Russian reporter at a press…

International Incident of the Day: A Russian reporter at a press junket attached to the Russian premiere of F riends With Benefits had the gall to ask Justin Timberlake “why movies” (in lieu of, say, music). A delay in translation kept Timberlake from responding, so his co-star Mila Kunis stepped in to deliver a verbal smackdown in the reporter’s native tongue. “Why movies? Why not’” Kunis, who moved… Broadcasting platform : YouTube Source : The Daily What Discovery Date : 03/08/2011 01:41 Number of articles : 4

Continue reading …
Budget tour operator Holidays 4U goes bust

Some 12,000 tourists will be repatriated after Brighton-based firm offering holidays mainly to Turkish resorts goes into administration Tour operator Holidays 4 UK, which was due to take about 50,000 British holiday-makers to Turkey this summer, has gone bust. About 12,000 customers of the firm are currently abroad and had expected to return on flights arranged by the company, which trades as Holidays 4U and Aegean Flights. It is understood all customers overseas, largely in the cheaper Turkish holiday resorts, can expect to be repatriated by the Civil Aviation Authority under the Atol consumer protection scheme . Travellers yet to take their holiday will also be entitled to compensation under the Atol scheme. The rescue will cost the CAA about £9.5m, of which about £4.5m will be covered by Atol bonds and other security lodged by Holidays 4 UK. It is unusual for a travel business to fail so early in the peak summer season, when cash inflows are traditionally strongest. Holidays 4 UK, which is owned by two Turkish-British families and has been trading from Brighton for 17 years, is now being run by administrators from Pricewaterhouse Coopers. “The company has suffered because of the difficulties faced by the travel industry during 2010 and 2011, as a result of the economic downturn,” said Ian Oakley-Smith, joint administrator and director at PwC. Holidays 4 UK’s failure was triggered by dire trading in May, June and July. The company is believed to have approached the CAA about releasing some security to allow it to continue trading but was rebuffed. Barclaycard, which processed payments for the business, is also believed to have kept a very tight rein on Holidays 4 UK’s funds recently, anticipating a possible collapse. Last year fellow Turkish budget holiday specialist Goldtrail, based in Wimbledon, collapsed in July, also appointing administrators from PwC. This failure provided a temporary boon for Holidays 4 UK. The company had a turnover of about £35m a year and was licensed to carry 100,000 passengers under the Atol scheme. Some 15 staff at the firm’s Brighton office were told of its collapse on Wednesday morning. Travel & leisure Turkey Turkey Simon Bowers guardian.co.uk

Continue reading …
Mubarak trial: Toppled dictator denies all charges

Hosni Mubarak stretchered into Cairo courtroom in first TV appearance since Egypt revolution Former Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak has denied all charges against him as his trial began in Cairo. Lying on a stretcher in standard-issue white prison overalls, behind the bars of the defendants’ cage, the 83-year-old spoke just once to confirm his presence and enter his plea. “I deny all these charges and accusations categorically,” he said. Mubarak stands accused of economic corruption, striking an illegal business deal with Israel, and the unlawful killing of protesters during the 18-day uprising against his reign. If found guilty, he could face the death penalty. The spectacle was aired live on state television, bringing much of the capital to a standstill as Egyptians huddled around TV sets and watched their former leader in the dock. It was the first time Mubarak had appeared on television since 10 February, when he gave a defiant speech to the nation refusing to resign. He fled Cairo the next day. Amid chaotic scenes in the makeshift courthouse, with lawyers shouting over each other to get the judge’s attention and running street battles raging outside between supporters and opponents of the toppled president, the sight of Mubarak lying impassive as a prosecutor read out some of the names of those killed by his security forces is likely to be one of the defining images of this year’s ongoing political unrest in the Arab World. Mubarak’s two sons and co-defendants, Alaa and Gamal – the latter having once been Mubarak’s presumed heir to the presidency – also protested their innocence. Former interior minister Habib el-Adly and six of his senior police deputies are also facing similar charges. “I am delighted that I see them in a cage,” Saeeda Hassan Abdel-Raouf, the mother of a 22-year-old protester who was among those killed in the uprising, told reporters. “I feel that my son’s soul is finally starting to be at rest and that his blood will cool.” Mubarak was ferried from the Red Sea resort of Sharm El-Sheikh by military helicopter earlier this morning, arriving in the courthouse at 10am local time. Despite the judge’s insistence that anybody disrupting proceedings would face an automatic 24-hour prison sentence, the trial regularly descended into confusion as lawyers put forward various technical arguments regarding legal aspects of the case. At one point, a lawyer demanded that Mubarak undergo a DNA test, claiming that the ex-leader actually died in 2004 and had been replaced by an impostor. More seriously, Mubarak’s defence lawyer Farid el-Deeb hinted that Field Marshal Mohamed Hussein Tantawi – Mubarak’s defence minister and current de facto ruler of the country – may be called as a witness. Tantawi’s army council generals has been running Egypt for the past six months, and is nervous about what may emerge from the current legal proceedings. Mubarak’s trial was adjourned at the end of the session until 15 August while Adly’s will resume on Thursday. The former president will be kept a hospital in Cairo until that date. Amnesty International and other human rights organisations have warned that Mubarak’s prosecution must be conducted fairly. “This trial presents a historic opportunity for Egypt to hold a former leader and his inner-circle to account for crimes committed during their rule,” said Malcolm Smart, Amnesty director for the Middle East and North Africa. “But if the trial is going to be a meaningful break with Egypt’s record of impunity, it must be both fair and transparent – justice demands no less. Not only must the trial be fair but it must be seen to be fair, not least by the families of those who died during the protests.” Although the first day was dominated by legal wrangling, it soon became clear that those expecting a swift verdict would be disappointed. Mubarak’s prosecution file is believed to run to over 12,000 pages, and his defence announced plans to call more than 1,000 witnesses. It appears likely that the case will be adjourned, possibly until next month. Outside the police academy where the court is being held, thousands of soldiers and riot police failed to prevent groups of rival demonstrators from clashing. Mubarak supporters hurled rocks at police, media and a giant screen broadcasting the trial, chanting ‘We will demolish and burn the prison if they convict Mubarak’. Fifty-three people were reported injured in the skirmishes. Hosni Mubarak Egypt Middle East Africa Arab and Middle East unrest Jack Shenker guardian.co.uk

Continue reading …
Hosni Mubarak denies all charges against him

Ousted president Hosni Mubarak has denied all charges of corruption and complicity in killing protesters during Egypt’s uprising after a court detailed the allegations against him at the opening session of his trial. The ailing former president lay on a hospital bed inside a cage of mesh and iron bars in a Cairo courtroom as his historic trial began. The scene, shown live on Egypt’s state TV, was Egyptians’ first look at the 83-year-old since February 10, the day before his fall when he gave a defiant speech refusing to resign. Inside the cage, an ashen-looking Mubarak craned his head up to see the proceedings, a sheet drawn up to his chest. His two sons, Gamal and Alaa, who are on trial…

Continue reading …
Korean regulator fines Apple $2,800 over iPhone location tracking controversy

The iPhone location tracking saga took yet another twist today, with South Korea’s communications regulatory body ordering Apple Korea to pay three million won (about $2,828) for collecting personal information without authorization. The fine certainly won’t break Cupertino’s bank, but it does set a precedent, marking the first time that a regulator has taken Apple to task over the issue. A few weeks ago, a Korean court ordered the company to pay about $1,000 in compensation to an individual who brought action against Apple, as part of a case that is expected to blossom into a larger, class-action suit. Kim Hyung-suk, the lawyer spearheading the campaign, told Reuters that he’s looking to file the lawsuit “by next week.” Apple’s Korean unit, meanwhile, is still claiming innocence , with spokesman Steve Park saying: “Apple is not tracking the location of your iPhone. Apple has never done so and has no plans to ever do so.” Park, however, would not say whether or not the company will agree to pay the fine. Korean regulator fines Apple $2,800 over iPhone location tracking controversy originally appeared on Engadget on Wed, 03 Aug 2011 07:56:00 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds . Permalink

Continue reading …

Type: Book Title: Cry Uncle : Family Man (Harlequin Superromance No. 634) See all customer reviews Product Description: After witnessing a professional hit, Seattle architect Pamela Hayes has testified in court against the hit man. Unfortunately, a mistrial is declared and the hit man is released on bail while awaiting a new trial. He intends to silence the sole witness to murder—Pam—before that new trial begins. She needs to hide, and she runs as far as she can: to steamy Key West., Florida. Jonas Brenner, a Key West bar owner and easy-going slacker, is about to lose custody of his orphaned five-year-old niece—unless he can convince the courts that he’s a responsible father. What he needs is a prim and proper wife who will create the illusion that Lizard, as his niece likes to be called, is being raised in a stable environment. What Pam needs is a new identity. Joe offers her a deal: if she marries him and takes his name, no Pacific Northwest hit man is going to find her. In return, she can pose as Joe’s respectable wife, dutifully caring for the rambunctious, feather-wearing Lizard. Of course, this will be a marriage in name only. No sex. No emotions. No love. Which, once Pam and Joe move in together and the sparks begin to fly, is easier said than done. CRY UNCLE was originally published by Harlequin Books. “When a classy architect joins in a marriage of convenience with a slightly scruffy bartender to hide from a hit man out to kill her, frustration runs high, making both want to CRY UNCLE and get on with the loving. Judith Arnold is a perennial favorite whose keen wit and way with mystery always hits the mark.***½”—RT Book Reviews See the details

Continue reading …
Mad Lithuanian Mayor Goes on Rampage, Crushes Mercedes with Tank to Send Parking Enforcement Message

Well, this is certainly one way to get your message across. After growing increasingly tired of complaints about illegally parked cars corroding the streets of Vinius, Lithuania, Mayor Arturas Zuokas reportedly commissioned an actual tank he used to crush a snazzy Mercedes Benz that was audaciously parked in a bike lane. In the video (yes, there’s even a video of the rampage), an incensed Zuokas directs… Broadcasting platform : YouTube Source : The Blaze Discovery Date : 02/08/2011 14:15 Number of articles : 3

Continue reading …