
Kraft Foods Inc. Will Split Into Two Hotel Video-BEST WESTERN PLUS Town & Country Lodge Tulare CA Copa Valores en la Cancha yoitsdaman says: RT @ LouBrutus : Kraft Foods will split into two companies. One for blue box mac & cheese and the other for…oh, who cares as long as we have mac & cheese!
Continue reading …

Crush (A Jick Story) Season 2 Ep. 8 Kellan Lutz podría haber sido Edward Cullen Immortals | Kellan Lutz on his training for the movie (2011) SDCC Etsukoktior says: kellan lutz Kellan Lutz Ashley Greene Getting NYC Pad Together?! http://t.co/L5SB3jT
Continue reading …

Apple may still be staying out of the fray, but it looks like we now have a full-on back and forth between Google and Microsoft, following the former company’s blog post yesterday that alleged a “hostile, organized campaign” against Android on the part of Microsoft, Apple, Oracle and others. The latest word comes once again from Google’s SVP and Chief Legal Officer, David Drummond, who has updated his original post with a response to what he calls Microsoft’s “false gotcha.” As you’ll recall from late yesterday, Microsoft brought up the fact that it had offered Google the opportunity to bid jointly with it on the Novell patents, and that Google turned it down. According to Drummond, however, such a joint acquisition would have “eliminated any protection these patents could offer to Android against attacks from Microsoft and its bidding partners,” and that it “didn’t fall for it.” He further goes on to note that the Justice Department’s eventual intervention in the acquisition — which required the winning group to provide a license to the open source community — only backed up Google’s case, and reaffirmed its original point that its “competitors are waging a patent war on Android and working together to keep us from getting patents that would help balance the scales.” Still no response from Microsoft on that , but we’d recommend staying tuned. Google addresses Microsoft’s ‘patent attack’ response, says it didn’t fall for its offer originally appeared on Engadget on Thu, 04 Aug 2011 16:28:00 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds . Permalink
Continue reading …
Val Kilmer may be a celebrity, but he’s also a deadbeat dad, according to his ex-wife. Joanne Whalley, an actress who has a 19- and a 16-year-old with Kilmer, says he’s fallen behind on his $27,500-per-month child support payments. According to court documents TMZ obtained, Whalley placed a lien…
Continue reading …
Last year in the US, antidepressants were the second-most widely prescribed drug—and they are increasingly being used by patients who haven’t been diagnosed with a psychiatric condition. A new study finds that in 2007, non-psychiatrists prescribed nearly 75% of antidepressants in the US, up from 60% 10 years prior….
Continue reading …

If NewsFeed has learned anything of late, it’s this: despite the fact it’s summer, both the Christmas shopping and Oscar seasons are upon us. Exhibit no. 1: Oprah Winfrey. The Board of Governors of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced that it will award an honorary Oscar to Oprah for her off-screen
Continue reading …

The Internets Celebrities have created a mini documentary on New York City’s beloved Bodega Cats, episode 5 of their I.C. NYC series. See Also: Bodega Cats via The World’s Best Ever Broadcasting platform : YouTube Source : Laughing Squid Discovery Date : 04/08/2011 15:45 Number of articles : 4
Continue reading …

Almost £50bn wiped off leading British shares and huge sell-off on Wall Street amid economic fears Almost £50bn was wiped off the value of Britain’s 100 biggest companies on a day of global stock market mayhem triggered by a deepening of the eurozone crisis and fears for the health of the US economy. After a day of massive of stock market falls in Europe and the US of a kind not seen since the depths of the last economic downturn, traders said on Thursday the atmosphere in the markets was reminiscent of the banking crisis of October 2008. “For many traders this week has felt like the start of the banking crisis in 2008, which would go some way to explaining the panic selling we have seen today,” said Will Hedden, sales trader at IG Index. Rumours were swirling around the City that hedge funds were being forced to sell assets such as gold in order to cover deepening losses on other investments. This led to a surprise 1% drop in the value of gold, which in recent weeks had risen to record highs of more than £1,000 an ounce as a safe haven bet during the eurozone and US debt crisis. Brent crude prices fell 5% to $107 a barrel amid signs of slowdown in the west’s major economies. Anxiety over the debt crisis in the eurozone, and increasingly in Italy, had set the tone for nervous trading during the London morning, but the pace of the decline accelerated as Wall Street opened sharply lower. By early afternoon in New York the Dow Jones had declined by 400 points, resuming the two-week losing streak that was only briefly interrupted on Wednesday. Despite this week’s 11th-hour agreement to raise the US debt ceiling, Wall Street is becoming increasingly anxious about the health of the world’s biggest economy. A major test will come on Friday with the release of keenly watched US employment data that will provide the latest health check of an economy that barely grew in the first half of the year. The FTSE 100 index fell to its lowest close – 5393.14 – since September 2010 after a 191.27 points drop. The 3.43% slump was the index’s biggest daily fall in percentage terms, and the biggest points fall, since March 2009. Banks were particularly hard hit, with falls in the bailed-out banks Lloyds Banking Group and Royal Bank of Scotland leaving taxpayers nursing £28bn of losses. There were big falls by other FTSE 100 companies, including the satellite phone company Inmarsat, which closed 19% lower, and leading miners. The index of leading shares has now shed 422 points since the start of this week, wiping £110bn off its value. It is down 11% since April’s peak. The continued weakness in the UK economy ensured the Bank of England kept interest rates at their record low of 0.5% for the 29th successive month. The president of the European commission, José Manuel Barroso, fuelled anxiety about the eurozone debt crisis by berating European leaders about the speed at which they were responding to the debt crisis, barely a fortnight after congratulating them about their latest deal to rescue Greece. “We are no longer managing a crisis just in the euro area periphery,” Barroso said. “Euro area financial stability must be safeguarded.” He urged European leaders to review “all elements” of the €440bn (£382bn) European financial stability facility and its €500bn replacement, the European stability mechanism. The European Central Bank, which raised interest rates in July to quell inflationary pressures in Germany, gave signals that it was ready to resume buying bonds of troubled eurozone countries. Dealers said the central bank had been buying Portuguese and Irish bonds – but crucially not those of Italy and Spain, where borrowing costs have shot to euro era highs and have become the new focus of the markets. Jamie Dannhauser, economist at Lombard Street Research, said the ECB was “still in cloud cuckoo land. The overriding impression one gets of the ECB is of an organisation unwilling to accept the reality that faces the eurozone. In contrast to other major central banks, the ECB has recently been making hawkish noises – at least, that is, until now.” Despite the intervention by the ECB, continental European markets suffered heavy losses, with Germany’s Dax closing 3.5% lower and the French CAC dropping by 4%, while the euro fell sharply against other major currencies, losing nearly 1.5 cents against the US dollar to $1.4170. The Bank of Japan had sparked frenzied action on the foreign exchanges after intervening to drive down the value of the yen, which has been strong against the dollar. Bond yields – interest rates – in Italy remained stuck above the critical level of 6% while Italian shares plunged amid confusion about the moves in the main stock market index which was experiencing pricing difficulties. Amid the rout, it emerged that police acting on orders from the prosecutors of Trani, a port on Italy’s Adriatic coast, had raided the Milan offices of the rating agencies, Moody’s and Standard & Poor’s, as part of continuing investigations into their role in recent financial turmoil. The chief prosecutor in Trani told Reuters his office was checking to see whether the ratings agencies “respect regulations”. The £1.4bn loser Ivan Glasenberg, chief executive of the commodity trading group Glencore, has emerged as one of the biggest losers of thecurrent stock market sell-off – at least on paper. When Glencore floated on the London stock market in May, the 54-year-old South African’s personal stake was worth £5.76bn. But, by the time the market closed on Thursday, it was valued at £4.31bn – a loss of £130m a week. When it listed, Glencore was valued at about £37bn – bigger than Tesco and nearly twice the size of insurer Prudential – and the float catapulted Glasenberg into the list of the world’s richest 100 people. Since then the shares have fallen 25% from 530p to 396.35p on Thursday night. The Glencore listing created a huge amount of interest as the company was immediately thrust into the FTSE 100 index of leading shares and, from there, it automatically became a key holding in many people’s pension funds. The float also generated massive rewards for a group of faceless traders who had spent much of their careers operating in almost total obscurity. Apart from Glasenberg, four other Glencore billionaires emerged after the company went public: Daniel Maté and Telis Mistakidis, whose fortunes are now worth about £1.7bn each; as well as Tor Peterson and Alex Beard, whose stakes are both currently valued at around £1.5bn. Glasenberg, who has spent his entire career at Glencore, was hired by the company’s founder Marc Rich, the controversial trader best known for being charged by US authorities with trading with Iran, fleeing to Switzerland and then being pardoned by Bill Clinton on the president’s last day in the White House. Rich left Glencore in the mid-1990s when Glasenberg and others took control. Simon Goodley Stock markets European debt crisis United States Europe Jill Treanor Nick Fletcher guardian.co.uk
Continue reading …

Again: Can someone in the spineless, co-opted corporate media please do their job and explain to us why the unAmerican pledge to Pope Grover takes precedence over oath of office? Instead of just saying, “That’s the way it is,” look a little deeper and ask why Grover gets to pick the Super Committee . I mean, is it a good thing that our Congress is dictated to by a little tin god? All hail, Caesar! Norquist said he has already been assured by “the right people” that House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) will not choose anyone willing to give ground on raising taxes , and he is confident enough to leave town on Wednesday for August vacation. Norquist said he would like Boehner to name House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp (R-Mich.) and House Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Fred Upton (R-Mich.). He said he would be “fine” with leadership using the opportunity to give a conservative freshman the chance to shine, mentioning Rep. Kristi Noem (R-S.D.). Similarly, with respect to the Senate, Norquist can see McConnell appointing a young gun like Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) to the panel to give him a bigger platform. He said he would like to see Sens. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) and Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) appointed. Norquist does not want to see former Gang of Six Sens. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) or Saxby Chambliss (R-Ga.) on board because they made “troubling” statements in support of revenue increases during the deficit negotiations this spring. He said that if Gang of Six Sen. Mike Crapo (R-Idaho) made stronger commitments to oppose taxes, he could be OK with that appointment.
Continue reading …
The Hill reports : The Senate will pass the House’s bill to fund the Federal Aviation Administration through September to end the week-and-a-half long partial shutdown of the agency, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid announced Thursday.
Continue reading …