This is a pretty simple equation: led by Miles Fisher, the cast of Final Destination 5 has spent some perfectly good Warner Bros. money on a promo video for the splatter sequel, in which a school full of characters very much like those from Saved by the Bell are killed in horrifying ways. And it’s all set to a peppy pop song called ‘New Romance.’ Want to see a famous actor partially decapitated by… Broadcasting platform : YouTube Source : /Film Discovery Date : 04/08/2011 19:16 Number of articles : 4
Continue reading …This is a pretty simple equation: led by Miles Fisher, the cast of Final Destination 5 has spent some perfectly good Warner Bros. money on a promo video for the splatter sequel, in which a school full of characters very much like those from Saved by the Bell are killed in horrifying ways. And it’s all set to a peppy pop song called ‘New Romance.’ Want to see a famous actor partially decapitated by… Broadcasting platform : YouTube Source : /Film Discovery Date : 04/08/2011 19:16 Number of articles : 4
Continue reading …JUSTIN BIEBER CALLED A BRAT!! – Cheryl Cole & Paula Abdul on X-Factor!!!!!! & Eurovision?! Justin Bieber Calls Marg Helgenberger “Lame” Marg Helgenberger – Justin Bieber Acted Like a ‘Brat’ on ‘CSI’ Set FleurDeKat says: Exceded her Botox limit…RT @ theinquisitr : Marg Helgenberger Saying “Goodbye” to ‘ CSI ‘ – http://inq.cm/oCRL2u
Continue reading …Obama gets a birthday party (several in fact) Barak Obama’s Birthday. 50 Dead Arabs For Obama’s 50th Birthday! kleeh04 says: RT @ huffpostcomedy : The funniest Obama birthday tweets so far http://huff.to/qnbzPU
Continue reading …Virginia Tech was locked down Thursday when three children attending a summer camp said they saw a man holding what looked like a gun on the campus where a 2007 massacre left 33 people dead. (Aug. 4)
Continue reading …Virginia Tech was locked down Thursday when three children attending a summer camp said they saw a man holding what looked like a gun on the campus where a 2007 massacre left 33 people dead. (Aug. 4)
Continue reading …enlarge Well, this is disappointing. Although I admit that some of the names being floated as his replacement were as troubling as Geithner’s initial appointment. What was that saying about the fox guarding the henhouse ? Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner remains undecided about whether to remain in his post, but he’s under increased pressure from White House officials to stay, people familiar with the matter said Thursday. Mr. Geithner, who joined the Obama administration at its inception in 2009 and has played a central role in virtually every economic decision, told White House officials several weeks ago he was considering stepping down after the debt ceiling debate concluded so that he could join his family in New York. But White House officials have asked Mr. Geithner to consider remaining at Treasury, given all the economic challenges facing the country. Personal overtures from Mr. Obama could be hard for Mr. Geithner to reject, though he hasn’t reached a decision about what to do, people familiar with the matter said. He is expected to make a decision soon about his future, people familiar with the matter said. “As Secretary Geithner has said he hasn’t decided when he’ll leave, and he has said he will be here for the foreseeable future…that’s what he tells us and he’s obviously a key member of the economic team,” White House spokesman Jay Carney said Thursday. The New York Times on Thursday reported that Mr. Geithner is expected to stay under White House pressure. I know that there is grumbling that “changing horses mid-stream” would cause market instability, but I really believe that this coddling of Wall Street is exactly what is keeping economic recovery from happening. And as a deep insider, Geithner was the ultimate coddler. That may be good for campaign coffers, but it’s not good for America.
Continue reading …Sure, there are already two live action Snow White films in production, but if there’s any studio that knows that fairytale, it’s Disney. As such, it shouldn’t be terribly unexpected that the House of Mouse would be coming out with its own retelling of the princess and dwarves story; what they’re doing with it, however, may be a bit of a surprise. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the studio is moving forward with its far east, warrior-focused version of the tale; now called “The Order of the Seven,” it’s been in development for years, and, so says THR, will actually minimize the aspects associated with the Grimm legend. It will be trading those trappings for an ancient action storyline that will feature a band of warriors from around the world that, once downtrodden, are galvanized by meeting an English woman in China. As recently as February, the film was in development under the title, “Snow and the Seven,” and had what seems to be a similar storyline to what we see today: an Englishwoman goes to Hong Kong for her father’s funeral and realizes that her evil stepmother was plotting her murder, at which point she turns to the warriors for protection. Natalie Portman was rumored to be semi-attached to that project, but whether that’s still the case remains to be seen. Whoever gets the lead, to the extent that the film is still loosely based on the fairytale, will have stiff competition to be the definitive live action face of the beloved princess. Kristen Stewart is starring as a warrior-in-training princess alongside Chris Hemsworth and Evil Queen Charlize Theron in “Snow White and the Huntsman,” while Lily Collins will play a more traditional Snow White with Julia Roberts as Evil Queen and Armie Hammer as the dashing Prince. For more on Disney’s Snow White retelling, including who is in talk to direct, click over to The Hollywood Reporter.
Continue reading …Sure, there are already two live action Snow White films in production, but if there’s any studio that knows that fairytale, it’s Disney. As such, it shouldn’t be terribly unexpected that the House of Mouse would be coming out with its own retelling of the princess and dwarves story; what they’re doing with it, however, may be a bit of a surprise. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the studio is moving forward with its far east, warrior-focused version of the tale; now called “The Order of the Seven,” it’s been in development for years, and, so says THR, will actually minimize the aspects associated with the Grimm legend. It will be trading those trappings for an ancient action storyline that will feature a band of warriors from around the world that, once downtrodden, are galvanized by meeting an English woman in China. As recently as February, the film was in development under the title, “Snow and the Seven,” and had what seems to be a similar storyline to what we see today: an Englishwoman goes to Hong Kong for her father’s funeral and realizes that her evil stepmother was plotting her murder, at which point she turns to the warriors for protection. Natalie Portman was rumored to be semi-attached to that project, but whether that’s still the case remains to be seen. Whoever gets the lead, to the extent that the film is still loosely based on the fairytale, will have stiff competition to be the definitive live action face of the beloved princess. Kristen Stewart is starring as a warrior-in-training princess alongside Chris Hemsworth and Evil Queen Charlize Theron in “Snow White and the Huntsman,” while Lily Collins will play a more traditional Snow White with Julia Roberts as Evil Queen and Armie Hammer as the dashing Prince. For more on Disney’s Snow White retelling, including who is in talk to direct, click over to The Hollywood Reporter.
Continue reading …TRENTON, N.J. — A politician who emailed a woman nude photos of himself that were later posted on a GOP activist’s website announced his resignation Tuesday and said he’ll consider all legal options to have the pictures taken down. In an emailed statement, Cumberland County freeholder Louis Magazzu apologized to his friends, family and constituents but indicated that he thought he was being set up. The 53-year-old Democratic lawyer, who’d been an elected county official since 1997, said he sent the photos to a woman with whom he corresponded online for several years and that she requested the photos. At least two of the photos revealed his crotch, two photos showed him fully dressed in a suit and a fifth showed him from the waist up, shirtless. “I did not know that she was working with an avowed political enemy to distribute these pictures,” he said. “I have retained counsel to determine what laws may have been broken by the unauthorized distribution of those pictures.” The pictures appear to show Magazzu standing naked in front of a mirror photographing himself with a Blackberry – photos similar to those that led U.S. Rep. Anthony Weiner of New York to resign in June. The seven-term Democratic congressman acknowledged sending sexually explicit messages and photos to several women online. Unlike Weiner, who waited weeks amid the intense controversy before resigning, Magazzu stepped down a day after the scandal hit local newspapers. Magazzu has five children but said he’s been separated from his wife for about two years. His attorney, Rocco Cipparone, said the pictures were sent sometime around January. “Unfortunately, in my personal life, I did not always demonstrate the wisdom and balance that I expected from myself, and that the people of Cumberland County deserve and have every right to expect,” Magazzu said. The man who posted the photos last month, Carl B. Johnson of Millville, told The Associated Press that he was happy Magazzu was leaving office and that he would consider taking down the photos. “He should have stepped down a long time ago for many reasons. His brand of politics is harmful to the entire political process,” Johnson said, adding: “I’m sorry it had to happen this way.” Johnson said he started his website three years ago after a dispute with Magazzu over claims about property taxes. Johnson decided to post the photos because Magazzu had brought up Johnson’s family and back child support payments during their squabble, he said. “I started the blog three years ago after a nasty freeholder meeting … it started as a way to expose the dirty underbelly of Cumberland County politics,” Johnson said. “No one did anything in the party without him having his say.” Johnson said on his website that the woman “contacted me out of the blue this year.” He said he told her to contact the media, and when none seemed interested, he “reluctantly revealed them.” Cipparone, Magazzu’s attorney, said they are looking into whether Johnson violated criminal and civil privacy laws by posting the photos and sending uncensored copies to local newspapers. “He is the victim of unauthorized, nonconsensual dissemination of these photos,” Cipparone said. “While his sending images may be considered indiscreet, it was a private communication intended for one other person only.” Democrats offered mixed reactions about the photos, with fellow freeholder director William Whelan calling for Magazzu to resign and Cumberland County Democratic Party co-chairman Doug Long saying the pictures were private and shouldn’t have a bearing on Magazzu’s political life. “Personally, I don’t think it’s unethical at all,” Long said. “He didn’t lie or try to hurt anybody, and it didn’t affect his ability as a freeholder.”
Continue reading …